Why am I seeing “Your file includes unsupported text or pattern fills, for best results use a different file type” error?
With the newest Design Space upgrade (DS3) imported SVGs are hit or miss. Customer service is aware of this issue and are working on it. Click ok and the file should be fine. If something is still missing or isn’t right with the file, please contact me.
You can use our SVG cut files on TANGIBLE items for PERSONAL and SMALL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL use, items for gifts and on items that you intend to SELL. Example: clothing, signs, mugs, decals & more! When we decided on pricing we made our files affordable enough that every single customer could buy their own. You CANNOT use any part of these files to resell digitally in any format, including digitizing for embroidery or mock-ups; (PNG will NOT have transparent background). CANNOT be CLAIMED as your own creation, SOLD as is, SHARED or USED in giveaways or freebies for any purpose whether you edit them or keep them unedited.
These files are compatible with the following:
Silhouette Studio – Basic Edition: DXF
Silhouette Studio – Designer Edition: SVG
Cricut Design Space: SVG
**I have personally uploaded in Cricut Design Space
A SVG is also known as a Scalable Vector Graphic. It is a file you can download and cut using software and your favorite cutting machine.
Please contact me immediately if you have any concerns or if you are having problems with your downloads.
You will need an electronic cutting machine, and software to be able transfer the design from your computer to your electronic cutting machine.
All products are digital downloads and come in a compressed Zip format.
SVG purchase will contain 7 files. 2 PDF (how to use DXF files and copyright), 1 SVG, 1 DXF, 1 Studio & 2 PNG (1 with watermark and 1 without)
Sublimation purchase will contain 6 files. 2 PDF (copyright and file), 3 PNG (1 transparent background, 1 with watermark & 1 without) & 1 ESP
All machines have their pros and cons. You can find all the information on the internet to find the best machine for your needs.
Most cutting machines do not come with software capable of importing SVG files, unless you upgrade their software. If you are not sure if you can cut an SVG file, the best way to find out is by contacting Crafty Crack.
Due to the electronic nature of these files, we do not offer refunds, NO EXCEPTIONS. Therefore, please make sure you double-check the file type you need prior to making your purchase. Please know that your complete satisfaction is my number one priority. Please contact me if you have any concerns or questions about your products or transaction.
Check your other folders in your e-mail for the New Order Notification Email OR download your files directly from our website.
Instantly! After the payment is received, you will receive a receipt email (New Order Notification Email) with a link to download the file.
Yes! Our designs are compatible with Cricut Design Space
No, Crafty Crack owns the copyright to ALL files and photos. The photos you upload should be representative of your own work.
Yes! You can change the size of the images, colors and placements within the file to your preferences for the project you are working on.
Changing to multiple colors applies ONLY to files that have more than one color. For example, listings shown with five colors will have five layers (cuts) and listings shown in one color are just one cut.
Everything you purchase will be available to download in a compressed format, also known as a zipped file. Zipped files take up less storage space and can be transferred to you more quickly and efficiently than uncompressed files. Opening your zipped file will vary depending on the computer system you use.
♡ Your purchase can be found in your browser in the downloads folder.
- Double-click the zipped folder to open it and reveal the uncompressed files within. You can then copy the files and save them to your desktop or any folder on your computer.
♡ Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
- To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select EXRACT ALL and then follow the instructions.
- To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.
♡ Open File Explorer by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down and then clicking Search), entering File Explorer in the search box, and then tapping or clicking File Explorer.
- To extract everything in the compressed folder, tap or click the Compressed Folder Tools tab and then tap or click EXRACT ALL.
♡ Locate the compressed folder that you want to extract files or folders from. Do one of the following:
- To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
- To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click EXRACT ALL and then follow the instructions.
Most of our designs we sell consist of two or more layers. You will always know which designs have multiple layers; as they will have more than one color. For example, listings shown with five colors will have five layers (cuts) and listings shown in one color are just one cut. You can ungroup the files into individual layers by doing the following:
CRICUT DESIGN SPACE
♡ Once you have opened the SVG file on your design mat, click on the Layers Panel.
♡ Click anywhere in the design to select it. This will select the full design with all of the layers in the Layers Panel.
♡ With the layers still highlighted, click the Ungroup button on the top of the Panel.
♡ Now you can work with each layer individually.
- To resize your design, you must do so before ungrouping, this way everything remains as one object.
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
♡ Once you have opened the SVG file on your design mat, select Edit, Layers in the top menu bar; this will open the “Layers Menu” on the right side of the screen.
♡ You will see that there is a main layer, with a series of layers detailed below. Click on each layer to move it individually.
- More complex designs may have sub-groups within the layers, particularly ones with multiple layers of the same color. If this is the case, you will see that one of the of the layers will be labeled Group on the panel. When you click on these layers on the design mat, simply right-click to further ungroup and reveal the sub-layers below.
- To resize your design, you must do so before ungrouping, this way everything remains as one object.
♡ Open the PNG file from your download in any software that can open clipart.
♡ Adjust the size of the image to your requirements. All PNG files are saved at maximum quality and will maintain resolution when resized.
♡ Select “File”, then “Print”. Your printing options will become available.
♡ Select “Mirror Image”, (also known as reverse image or flip horizontal) from your printer settings.
♡ Proceed to print.
SECTION 1: Unzipping for PC
If you know how to unzip and move to a new folder you can skip to Section 2.
♡ After downloading to your computer, RIGHT CLICK on the file you want to unzip and choose “EXTRACT ALL” and save it to a new location.
- If it’s still zipped and in your downloads folder, Silhouette will NOT be able to find it.
♡ After you extract, it should open the folder containing 6 files; 1 PDF (how to use DXF files), 1 SVG, 1 DXF, 1 Studio, 2 PNG (1 with watermark and 1 without).
- If it does not show you the SVG file, but shows something in its place, chances are that another program, (IE usually) has claimed the file. But if you right-click on it and look at properties, it will show you that it is an SVG file. ♡ This is what you need to move to a new location. You can go back into your downloads folder, located the UNZIPPED folder, then drag and drop the folder in your preferred location.
SECTION 2: Cutting by Color
♡ Now that you have it unzipped and saved to a new location, you can then open your Silhouette software. To open, choose “FILE” and then “OPEN.”
♡ Choose the DXF format. SVG WILL NOT BE AN OPTION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DESIGNER EDITION.
♡ If you are using HTV (heat transfer vinyl for clothing) you will need to mirror. Choose “OBJECT,” “MIRROR” then “FLIP HORIZONTALLY.”
- Sometimes DXF files will lose some of the colors in the designs. It’s just the nature of the file, it tries to simplify things. To change colors for different material colors, you will SELECT the item you want and then right-click and choose “RELEASE COMPOUND PATH.” It will not work by just hovering over it and right clicking.
- When you “RELEASE COMPOUND PATH” this is telling Silhouette to make every line its own section. To change the color on the lines, select EVERY element by holding down “shift” as you select the elements. Once you have whatever you would like to be together selected, right-click and choose “MAKE COMPOUND PATH.”
SECTION 3: Preparing to cut.
♡ Now here’s how you cut different colors. Go to “CUT SETTINGS.”
♡ VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you click “CUT”
♡ Under “LINE COLOR” it will bring up the list of colors in the design.
♡ The layout of the items and the mat you’re seeing on your screen is how it will cut on your mat. If you wanted to lay out your vinyl in different colors on your mat, you can! Although it isn’t always fool-proof and could waste vinyl. Until you’re a bit more comfortable with lining up your vinyl. I recommend doing it the following way:
♡ Use the check boxes to select the color you want to cut and find the type of vinyl that you are using in the “MATERIAL TYPE” menu.
- HTV will use “HEAT TRANSFER MATERIAL – SMOOTH” and glitter HTV will use “HEAT TRANSFER MATERIAL – FLOCKED.”
♡ Follow the directions for where you should set your blade. HTV Smooth is 2 and HTV flocked is 3. You will need to change your blade for this.
- Speed and thickness are automatic. You can manipulate them, but there is nothing additional for you to do on the machine.
- I also turn my “DOUBLE CUT” on. Not everyone does, but I personally do. See what works best for you!
♡ You can do a test cut if you would like to double-check the settings. It will cut in the top left corner, so make sure you move your design down after it does its test cut. Or you can skip the test cut and push SEND TO SILHOUETTE and it will cut! After that section is done cutting, you will just repeat the process again moving the next sections to the top of your mat on the screen and changing the settings for HTV and sending to Silhouette again each time!
A FEW THINGS ABOUT DXF FORMAT:
♡ It has many more nodes than SVG format does. Nodes tell the blade to slow down and think about what’s next. Therefore, your cutting will be slower than if would be if you had Designer Edition and used SVG’s, OR if you created your own .studio file.
♡ Once you’re comfortable playing with your software, you can go to the “OFFSET WINDOW” and add a small offset of .002 and it will reduce the number of nodes in the file and will help it cut faster!
♡ You can change the color on the screen by going to the “FILL COLOR” window.
What is Crafty Crack
I release new products regularly, but I don’t have a “set” product release schedule.
Here at Crafty Crack we make SVG files, PNG files, and JPG files to use in your scrapbooks, cards, or other crafting projects. I have been designing SVGs on a regular basis for what seems like forever and I know how to make files that are easy to cut, easy to layer, and will make your projects pop! Not only does Crafty Crack offer cut files, we offer HTV (heat transfer vinyl), SIC (Seriously Ice Cold) cups and other crafting blanks to fit every crafter’s needs.